Pixie Energy provides expertise and insight on the Great British and international energy and water markets, to help evolve systems for the future. These markets have undergone profound change over the last three decades, and through technology innovation are likely to transform further.
Pixie Energy, part of the Cornwall Insight Group, was established in 2016 to promote change in the GB energy market, to the benefit of consumers and communities. We seek to explore and support commercial innovation and new entry in local energy markets, based around smart and flexible technologies
Our team are:
- Researchers – By taking a whole market approach, our services provide innovative and strategic research, which feed in new-to-market thinking.
- Innovators – We constantly monitor the impact of change on energy and water regulation, policy and market. This means we can convert insight and models into real world projects to create new partnerships, platforms and markets.
- Experts – The team have many years of combined experience working in and around the energy market. As a result of Cornwall Insight’s wider coverage of market, policy and regulatory change, the team have an in-depth understanding of the whole market value chain. Through our modelling capabilities we can also translate well-informed, deeply researched and independent assessments of market change into financial impacts.
We have experience in all aspects of the energy and water sectors and have the expertise to support a wide range of projects. Whether it is retail, networks, wholesale markets, low-carbon or thermal generation, storage or demand side management.
We also have practical experience in:
- Beginning-to-end market entry
- Finding routes to market
- Conducting investment due diligence
- Creating business cases
- Developing new policies
- Forecasting value